Monday 30 July 2012

Featured Artist: Malin Linder




Welcome to the 2nd in our series of interviews with "Featured Artists" from the Illustrious Artist group. Today we meet the most charming and beautiful (you will have to take my word for that as our artist prefers to remain faceless) Malin Linder, from Sweden.  Without further ado and in her own words let's get to know Malin and her wonderful quirky, humorous and downright beautiful work through which her personality and aesthetic style shines through.  

IA: 
Hello there Malin, or "Pandasocks" as you are often known! (Due to your wonderfully quirky feet featured self portraits as seen here).
As is the tradition for the featured artist, you chose a theme for us to be inspired by and your choice was "Dreams of Glory", can you
tell us the inspiration behind that choice? 


Malin: 

When I chose the theme to be "dreams of glory"
I was naturally inspired by the upcoming Olympics. 
But at the same time I think dreaming of glory is 
something we all do, no matter if its in sports or art, 
to succeed in business or finding true love. 
Even though we may say we are being creative
for our own satisfaction I'm sure we all want 
someone, other then our mums, to say "thats good, I like that!"



IA: Who is Malin? 
Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Malin: 
I'm a freelance photographer and artist wanna-be, 
living in Stockholm Sweden. 

IA:
What is your line of creativity?

Malin:
I try to use my creativity in everything I do, 
but when it comes to art its mainly photography.

IA:
Are you self taught or college/uni trained, and has this 
informed the way you work?

Malin:
I'm basically self taught, except for some visual communication at university. I left with an understanding that there is no right and no wrong, there are only differences of opinion and they may vary over time.
     







IA:
Can you describe your style of work?

Malin:
I believe my style to be very documentry. 





IA:
Who and/or what influences you and your work?


Malin:
I find my influences everywhere I guess. Just 
slow down for a short moment and take a lookaround, look at those ordinary everyday things and there will be something that catches your eye.








IA:
What's your favourite film?

Malin:
I've always liked Bugsy Malone, and I admit having a soft spot for any film with Clint Eastwood in it! 




IA:What is your ideal job?

Malin: 
My answer to that must be to be able to make a living solely as an artist.




IA: 
Can you name one thing about yourself that is unique or surprising, that people
wouldn't be able to tell about you unless you told them?


Malin:
This may not be obvious to everyone who has seen my photos, but once in a while I enjoy laying on the sofa watching "Iceroad Truckers" on the telly. I find that program to be very relaxing.


IA: 
Most played record?

Malin: 
That would have to be the album "Paper Monster" by Dave Gahan. Especially "Dirty, sticky floor" I find useful for housecleaning, letting out steam or just get some energies going.

IA: 
Book you would recommend everyone should read? 

Malin:
I like Janet Evanovich and her bounty hunter heroine Stephanie Plum, she’s got high tempo and good humour in her books.

IA:
What is your favourite drink?

Malin:
I want my coffee black and my earl grey with a hint of orange.






IA:
Do you have any pets and if so what/who?

Malin:
I used to have a couple of goldfish but that was long ago.


IA:
Do you smile a little or a lot?

Malin:
I smile a lot! And I always carry an extra smile in my pocket, you never know when it may come in handy!

IA:
What time were you up till last night and why?

Malin:
You got me now! I was up way too late, till after midnight, fiddling with photos and chatting on the internet.




 IA:
Dream holiday destination?

Malin:
There is one place I would really like to visit and that's Svalbard. Imagining the bright light, the white ice and the blue water. What a spectacular scenery that must be to photograph!






IA: and finally what does the future hold for Malin Linder? 

Malin:
I’m sure the future will bring an equal amount of challenges and good times! At the moment I’m working on a book with garden photos for my mum, its going to be a surprise so please don’t tell! There will also be a calendar for 2013 for purchase as soon as I find a web shop solution that I’m happy with. Beside that I will continue to develop my page trying to turn it into a nice and friendly visit. Also I would love to explore other styles and mediums. I have a lot to learn and hopefully I will continue to evolve both as a photographer and as an artist.




Thankyou so much Malin for your informative and entertaining answers and for sharing with us your outstanding photography.
Please visit and like Malin's photography Facebook page here , and you can view the results of the Dreaming of Glory theme fortnight and add your own entries here.





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful photography Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know Malins shoes a little more now ;) amazing photos leaves me in awe!

    ReplyDelete